REMOTE PROGRAMMING (For all models except Chevrolet Equinox, Chevrolet SSR, Pontiac Torrent, and Saturn Vue)
Please make sure to read through the programming instructions completely before attempting.
All remotes that are expected to work for the vehicle will need to be with you in the vehicle before attempting to program. Any remotes not present at the time of programming will cease to function until reprogrammed.
1. Enter the vehicle, close, and unlock all doors using the power unlock switch on the driver’s door. Insert the key into the ignition but do not turn it yet.
2. Using the power unlock switch on the driver’s door, press and hold the switch in the unlock position.
3. While holding the switch in the unlock position, switch the key as far ON as it will go without starting the vehicle and back to OFF two (2) times, ending in the OFF position, then release the power unlock switch.
At this point the vehicle door locks should automatically lock and unlock, indicating that the programming mode has been activated. If the door locks do not cycle automatically then the programming procedure has failed and you need to restart the procedure from STEP 1.
4. Using any remote (we recommend first programming original remotes if you have one), press and hold down the “UNLOCK” and “LOCK” buttons simultaneously (at the same time) for up to thirty (30) seconds until the door locks automatically lock and unlock. If thirty (30) seconds pass while holding down the buttons and the vehicle door locks do not cycle, then the remote programming has failed and you must restart the programming from STEP 1.
5. Repeat STEP 4 for all remaining remotes you wish to program. You can program up to four (4) remotes total.
6. Once you have programmed all of your remotes, exit the programming mode by switching the key to the ON position. The vehicle door locks will lock and unlock automatically indicating that the programming mode has been exited. Turn OFF the key and remove it as well as open and close the driver’s door.
7. Test all remotes to ensure they are functioning. If any did not program, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1 and switch the order in which you are programming the remotes.