Please make sure to read through the programming instructions completely before attempting.
You must have one (1) fully functional remote to perform this procedure. If you do not have one (1) fully functional remote for the vehicle currently, a trip to a dealership or an automotive locksmith will be required for the programming.
1. Enter the vehicle, close, and unlock all doors using the power unlock switch on the driver’s door.
2. Insert a key into the ignition and switch the ignition to the ON position as far as it goes without starting.
3. Using a fully functional programmed remote, press and hold the unlock button for four (4) seconds. After four (4) seconds, while continuing to hold the unlock button down, press and hold the panic button down simultaneously for one (1) second, then release both buttons at the same time.
At this point the vehicle will emit an acoustic sound such as a chime or a beep, indicating that the programming mode has been activated. If the vehicle does not emit a chime or a beep, then the programming procedure has failed and you need to restart the procedure from STEP 1.
4. Using the same remote from STEP 3, press and hold the lock and unlock buttons down simultaneously for one (1) second, release, then press and hold down the unlock button for one (1) second and release. You will hear the same acoustic sound as before indicating that the remote has been programmed successfully.
5. Repeat STEP 4 for all remaining remotes you wish to program (you can program up to four (4) remotes total).
6. Once you have programmed your remote(s), exit the programming mode by turning the key off and remove it from the ignition. A final acoustic sound will be heard like before indicating the programming mode has been exited successfully.
7. Test all remotes to ensure they are functioning. If any did not program, restart the programming procedure from STEP 1 and switch the order in which you are programming the remotes after entering the programming mode with your original remote and reprogramming the original.